Toll Brothers’ Upper East Side Touraine opened for sale at the end of 2011, and Penthouse 1 actually hit the market not long after. A sprawling duplex on the top two floors of the Lucien Lagrange-designed building, reps opted not to aggressively market the 5BR/5.5BA unit until recently, when the building at Lexington Avenue and 65th Street was almost finished and it could be properly staged. Curbed photographer Will Femia captured the detailing (marble, marble everywhere), views, and other elements of the 4,326-square-foot space, which is asking a mere $19,995,990. The other three penthouses went for $5,820,688, $9,771,116, and $13,579,371, respectively, which hints at the mammoth scale of this unsold unit. The rest of the 22-condo building has sold and closed, with some apartments already turned around as rentals.
- First, a look at the two-tiered floorplan to orient yourself.
- The PH is located on the top two floors of the Touraine, shot here from the north.
- The PH from the outside.
- Beginning on the lower floor, this is the guest bedroom on the western side of the apartment.
- Its accompanying bathroom…
- … and the view form the tub.