Used home sales rise .7% | Waccabuc Real Estate

Sales of previously owned houses in the United States rose 0.7 percent month-over-month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.39 million in September 2017 from a year low of 5.35 million in August, beating market expectations of a 1 percent fall. Still, ongoing supply shortages and recent hurricanes muted overall activity. Sales of single family houses increased 1.1 percent to 4.79 million after falling 2.1 percent in August, while those of condos fell 1.6 percent to 0.60 million, following a 1.7 percent decline. The median house price fell to $245,100 from $253,100 in August and the months’ worth of supply was steady at 4.2 percent. In addition, the number of houses available in the market rose to 1.90 million from 1.87 million in August. Existing Home Sales in the United States averaged 3912.19 Thousand from 1968 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 7250 Thousand in September of 2005 and a record low of 1370 Thousand in March of 1970.

United States Existing Home Sales
2017-08-2402:00 PMExisting Home Sales5.44M5.51M5.57M5.55M
2017-09-2002:00 PMExisting Home Sales5.35M5.44M5.46M5.45M
2017-10-2002:00 PMExisting Home Sales5.39M5.35M5.30M5.29M
2017-11-2103:00 PMExisting Home Sales5.39M5.36M
2017-12-2003:00 PMExisting Home Sales5.42M


United States HousingLastPreviousHighestLowestUnit
Building Permits1215.001272.002419.00513.00Thousand[+]
Housing Starts1127.001183.002494.00478.00Thousand[+]
New Home Sales560.00580.001389.00270.00Thousand[+]
Pending Home Sales-2.60-1.3030.90-24.30percent[+]
Existing Home Sales5390.005350.007250.001370.00Thousand[+]
Construction Spending0.50-1.205.90-4.80percent[+]
Housing Index0.200.101.20-1.80percent[+]
Nahb Housing Market Index68.0064.0078.008.00[+]
Mortgage Rate4.144.1610.563.47percent[+]
Mortgage Applications3.60-2.1049.10-38.80percent[+]
Home Ownership Rate63.7063.6069.2062.90percent[+]
Case Shiller Home Price Index201.99200.53206.52100.00Index Points[+]


United States Existing Home Sales

Existing Home Sales occurs when the mortgage is closed. Mortgage closing usually takes place 30-60 days after the sales contract is closed. . This page provides the latest reported value for – United States Existing Home Sales – plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. United States Existing Home Sales – actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases – was last updated on October of 2017.


5390.005350.007250.001370.001968 – 2017ThousandMonthly


read more…