Today marks the anniversary of the Bedford-Katonah Patch fully launching in this community.
We would like to celebrate by thanking you, the readers, for participating in the growth of Patch, for contributing your comments and news tips and story ideas over the last 365 days.
We would like to recognize the terrific team of freelance writers who bring stories—from breaking news, to human-interest, to school budget updates to business profiles, and more—to the thousands of visitors to our site each day.
We are grateful for the engaged readership of Bedford and Katonah and look forward to hearing from and meeting many more of you. We encourage you to use the site as your gateway to the community:
- Share your news (births, weddings, accomplishments and more) via the announcements feature, accessible from the homepage
- Post your events to our calendar, by clicking “add it to the calendar” from the homepage
- “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. By engaging with Patch via social media, you can see quick news bites, hear what we might be working on or what events we might be covering and post your own photos and videos
- Visit our Volunteer page for information about Patch’s volunteer efforts, our employee Give 5 volunteer days, posting information to find volunteers for your organization, finding information to become a volunteer, and links to articles about volunteers in the community. We also donate ad space to local charities in the community—just contact us from the link on the volunteer page.
- Claim your listing for your business or organization by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you own or manage a business or organization in our directory, you can claim it to post photos and update information (best of all, it’s free!)
- Post a question to our Q&A page. Got a recommendation for a great plumber? Need a snowplow service? Want to know where to get the best haircut? Ask and answer on this page.
- Engage with your friends and neighbors on Patch. Each and every news story has a comment section—post your reactions or questions. Check out our Parents Talk feature on Wednesdays. Use Patch to share resources and learn more about life in your town.
Thank you again for making the Bedford-Katonah Patch a successful community news and information sharing space. We couldn’t do it without you and we’re glad to be here.