Tuesday, August 23, 2011 | 10:51 AM
Welcome to another magical episode of Web Analytics TV! This time we have a special guest Caleb Whitmore from Analytics Pros, who is also a Google Analytics Certified Partner. Welcome Caleb! If you’re having difficulty implementing Google Analytics, Caleb has built the exceptional GAPE, Google Analytics Pros Engine, solution which simplifies tracking on your website. Check it out!
Ok. We had so much fun doing this episode, you are going to have a blast as well.Web Analytics TV, as you well know by now, is powered by your questions. In this episode we had questions from Australia, India, Denmark, England, Germany Netherlands and so many other places. Y’all rock!
If you’re new to this show, our process for this show is simple.
Step 1: You ask, or vote on, your favorite web analytics questions. Vote on next week’s questions using this Web Analytics TV Google Moderator site.
Step 2: From a secret undisclosed location at the Googleplex Avinash Kaushik and Nick Mihailovski answer them. 🙂
Here is the list of last episodes questions.
In this action packed episode we discuss:
- (0:37) eCommerce conversion rate in custom reports
- (1:05) Pan session analysis
- (2:28) Controlling conversion attribution
- (4:20) Impact of changing the campaign cookie timeout
- (6:19) Tracking users across multiple sections of a website
- (7:56) Tracking internal site campaigns in GA
- (8:21) Report filters to mimic Custom Variables profile filters
- (9:10) Tracking embedded YouTube videos
- (10:24) Determining all organic traffic to a particular page
- (11:52) Drilling into channel paths in Multi Channel Funnels
- (12:32) Excluding traffic from bots
- (13:48) Reporting the number of visitors between two sites
- (15:08) Using a single vs multiple landing pages to track different campaigns
- (17:00) What metrics to use for a single page website
- (19:35) Filtering monitoring solutions like Gomez
- (20:13) How you can use _getVisitorCustomVar
- (21:21) Creating funnels with groups of URLs
- (22:08) Why you can see more visits than pageviews (esp in Android tracking)
- (23:47) Can you influence the timestamp of requests to GA
- (24:05) How to track conversions for non-ecommerce websites
- (24:51) Configuring goals that match both on pages and events
- (25:55) Why you should change to async tracking
- (27:18) How sampling in Google Analytics works