1. Increasing Customer Satisfaction with Better Customer ServiceYour existing or potential customers can follow your business updates from your Twitter account in real time. This gives you a unique opportunity to adjust or tweak all your business activities instantly according to your customers’ reactions. This ability alone can give you an enormous advantage over your competitors who are not aware of the power of Twitter. Also, you can search Twitter for any conversations that are related to your business and respond to feedback. This ability gives you an opportunity to control and manage customer service for better customer satisfaction.
2. Breaking the Distanced Corporate Image and Communicating More Effectively
Regardless of how hard you try, if you can’t make your business values and goals clear to people, all your marketing efforts become worthless. Twitter can help you in this matter by giving you many opportunities to tell people clearly about your business values and goals. You can have day to day chats on Twitter and let people follow easily what you are up to. You can answer their questions instantly and clear up any doubts they may have. As you become closer and more open to people, you break the distanced corporate image and start to communicate more effectively with people.
3. Generating Traffic for Your Local Store and Website
By using Twitter, you can catch your customers’ attention with special offers or the announcements of online or offline events like contests. When you arrange special offers or events, you can direct people to your local store or website to get more info, sign up, leave comments etc. For example, if you sell kitchen cabinets online, you may offer promotional discounts for your new cabinet line. Also, you may ask your followers how they like the new model with a fun questionnaire that is linked to your website and may give an incentive to people who complete the questionnaire on your website. If your offer is valuable, your tweets can spread in no time on Twitter and let you stand out from the crowd easily.
4. Following the Trends in Your Industry and Watching Your Competitors Closely
Obviously, Twitter is a marketing platform where the main activity is sharing information. When you do a search related to your business or industry, Twitter will give you dozens of links to websites or blogs. In fact, this is one of the benefits of Twitter which enables you to learn about current trends in your industry. You can research local and global trends on Twitter and reach up-to-date information very conveniently. Also, you can search to find out about your competitors’ current activities and strategies and follow if their activities and strategies are successful or not. You can use this opportunity to repeat their successful strategies and also watch for the chance to collaborate with them.
5. Strengthening Your Connection with Your Local Community
As mentioned before, Twitter offers beneficial opportunities both globally and locally. If you have a local business or a local branch, you can include this location to your tweets to make it known by your followers. Also, you can share useful local information, offer solutions to local social issues and support local events or causes. All these efforts will create awareness for your local business and strengthen your connection with the local community.
As a conclusion, Twitter phenomenon offers your business great benefits. Businesses that successfully use Twitter as a marketing platform can improve customer service, communicate better with customers, increase traffic to offline store or website, follow trends and competitors closely and connect with their local community.