The 2012 Member Profile was released two weeks ago at the Midyear Meeting and contains information on member business activity in 2011, member demographics and firm affiliation and business characteristics.
- The latest data shows that 60 percent of members are female, and the typical age of members is 56 years old.
- The median age of NAR members has increased from 52 years in 1999 to 56 years in 2012.
- 48 percent of REALTORS® have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- The most common prior careers for members was in the management, business, or financial sector or in sales or retail.
- Three-fourths of members report real estate is their only occupation and nine in ten own their own home.
- For more highlights from the Profile, click here.
The 2012 Member Profile PDF is currently being offered as a reward in NAR’s new Member Value Plus Program. Click here for more information. NAR created the MVP Program to encourage members to take Actions that will benefit NAR and its members, as well as to reward members for being an active participant in their Association.
2012 Member Profile: Demographics | Bedford NY Homes
Leave a reply