Want to market to socially-savvy moms? 92% of them buy products based on social media recommendations.
Data from a new study by Child’s Play Communications, specialists in connecting companies with moms, shows that moms are increasingly using social networks to research products. Presented at the Marketing to Moms Conference in Chicago,“How Moms are Using Social Media Right Now — and How You Can Make the Most of It”, also found that Facebook and blogs have the largest impact on their purchasing decisions.
1200 moms who are active on social media sites were asked these questions:
- What social media platforms do you currently favor?
- How has that changed?
- What social media platforms impact your purchase decisions?
- What products do you buy as a result of social media recommendations?
- Facebook, Twitter, and blogs are the three most popular social media platforms among social moms.
- 63% of moms tried Pinterest for the first time this year.
- 28% would like to try Instagram.
- Moms are early adopters of social media: Polyvore and Olioboard are among the new services they’re using.
- 64% of moms are spending more time on Facebook than in the past.
- 33% of them use Twitter less.
- 92% of moms buy products as a result of a social media recommendation.
- 80% say that blogs influence their purchasing decisions more than any other social media sites.
- Toys are the