A simple marketing plan that outlines all the important pieces needed to successfully and consistently market your business is something every small business should create. Whether you want to focus solely on inbound marketing or you want to integrate online with off-line marketing activities, there are 10 important reasons why your small business needs a realistic but simple marketing plan.
- To specify a vision for your business
To solidify your mission
- To outline what you want to accomplish
- To describe your ideal client
- To articulate what makes you different
- To provide a road map for achieving your goals
- To help you focus on what is important
- To create an action plan for what you need to do and when
- To track your progress
- To remind you that this is your business and not a hobby
Let’s take a look at the key parts of your marketing plan that needs your attention:
Your business vision
Your vision statement is a vivid description about what you want your business to be such that it inspires and motivates you and helps you create a mental picture of the business you want.
There are benefits to having a clear vision statement:
- Serves as a compass to keep you heading in the right direction.
- Enables you to assess the many opportunities that are presented to you and make decisions based on whether the opportunity helps you get closer to your vision.