Content marketing is required for success in today’s competitive business world. No matter which industry you are in, your website visitors want high-quality, information-rich, high-impact and captivatingcontent with deep industry insight. We are in the midst of the information age; your prospects do a significant amount of research, comparing you to your top competitors. How can you distinguish your company and win content marketing game? A top-notch company blog is the foundation for winning content marketing. If you have committed to content marketing, you may as well dive in, and grant your content marketing some superpowers.
Achieving high rates of social content curation—social sharing—is now vital to SEO and the ranking of search engine results pages (SERPS). Each time someone shares your content with their network of friends and industry contacts, it gets a stamp of approval—increasing its reach and amplifying your chances for higher rates of traffic and lead generation. The need to create content, which readers find valuable enough to share, will ultimately improve the quality of online marketing and the Internet as a whole.
There are no shortcuts to producing highly shareable content, which calls for vision, creativity, a deep knowledge base and a sophisticated understanding of your industry. Consistently creating valuable, relevant and share-worthy content will inevitably improve your search rankings, which are increasingly taking into account the social exposure and influence of content and the authors who create it. Creating highly shareable content will get others to promote your content for you. While originality is an important goal of content creation, highly shared content does have some common characteristics.
Highly Shareable Content Defined
1. It has no typos, spelling or grammatical errors.
2. It features fresh ideas and innovative best practices.
3. Highly shareable content is not overly “salesy” and avoids a primary focus on pushing products or services.
4. It maintains breadth and depth of subject matter.
5. It has captivating images.
6. Highly shareable content leverages newsjacking of hot industry-relevant news.
7. It highlights industry thought leadership.
8. Highly shared titles are actionable, concise, clear, descriptive, authoritative, intriguing and sometimes even a little mysterious.
9. Highly shearable content includes information-rich and captivating infographics.
10. It is visually striking and presented in an organized fashion.
5 Ways to Make Your Content More Formidable
1. Create Easy-to-Process Content
Everyone with an Internet browser is inundated with content on a daily basis. The best way to keep people reading your content is to structure it so that it can be easily skimmed over. Paragraphs should have headlines, and main points should be put into numbered lists and bullet points. People may not want to read every single point you make; this practice allows them to skip some information and search for what they find most intriguing, which increases your chances of high rates of content curation.