Apr 19 2011
We have big plans for SEJ this year! We are excited to announce today that we are searching for a new editor-in-chief. Our EIC will be in a highly visible role as the voice and face of SEJ. This U.S-based individual will be breaking exclusive news, procuring the best guest bloggers for unique and thought-provoking posts, and covering search conferences to interview the most-recognized personalities and experts in search marketing.
After building this community from the ground up 8 years ago, I’m looking to step down from Editing and overall day to day operations with SEJ and looking for someone to fill my big shoes!
[Ann Smarty will be assisting us in our search and will continue with SEJ.]
SEJ’s Editor-in-Chief is a highly visible, part-time role that will put you in front of the industry’s movers and shakers as well as those looking to learn more about search marketing. We are looking for someone who has bright ideas and a strong ability to execute on taking SEJ’s brand to the next level in reporting, insights, exclusives and search conference coverage.
- are always coming up with killer ideas for articles
- are a newshound and usually the first to know about the latest industry updates
- get excited about watching your website traffic trend upwards
- love networking and reaching out to expand the sharing of Search Marketing knowledge …then we need to hear from you!
- Lives in US
- At least 5 years in the Search Marketing industry, either as a journalist or professional
- Amazing creative writing skills
- History in blogging, writing or reporting about search marketing
- Ability to curate content and attract guest contributors
- Ability to review search company embargoes and prepare news and articles on events before they happen
- Organization and planning skills
- Extensive industry connections
- Ability to travel to industry conferences 1-3 times a year
- Experience in industry-related journalism, including newsroom, interviews and editorials
- Very responsive to email and requests
If you are interested in becoming the face of an internet marketing institution, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your current resume
- links to 5 of your published posts
Loren Baker | Search Engine Journal | @lorenbaker
Loren Baker is the Editor in Chief of Search Engine Journal, Partner at BlueGlass Interactive & the CMO of Alpha Brand Media, the parent company of SEJ. Involved in SEO for more than a decade, Loren launched SEJ in 2003 with the goal to share search marketing information and reporting on happenings in search.
More Posts By Loren Baker