“Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You have to set yourself on fire.”
That’s a quote by Arnold H. Glasow I came across years ago that always stayed with me.
I speak with agents almost every day. Selling real estate is a tough business.
Between navigating the shifting expectations from buyers and sellers, building your brand presence online and trying to keep up with all the shiny new tech and social media tools in our space, pushing yourself to innovate your business and experiment with your marketing strategies can be daunting.
That’s why HomeFinder.com set out to find some of the most creative agents across the country who blaze their own trails and find success using digital marketing across YouTube, Instagram, Blogging, Facebook and Single Property Websites. For these agents, success meant actual sales, marketing credibility and lasting client relationships.
We put their stories together in this free E-book, Five Agent Success Stories – Close More Business Using Digital Marketing.Article continues below
In each story, you’ll learn:
- How that agent uses that specific marketing channel or tactic in his/her business
- Detailed success stories that led to a sale
- Advice to get started or recharge your past or current efforts
Here’s a sneak peek and a few excerpts from one of our fire-starters – Kendyl Young.
Kendyl is an agent with Teles Properties in Glendale, CA. She has produced videos for her business for three years and has more than 146 videos on her YouTube channel for her listings and neighborhoods.
Kendyl constantly gets into situations in which she knocks on someone’s door or
sees someone out at a restaurant and they recognize her from her videos. One such instance happened at a pizza place, where a fellow patron instantly recognized her.
This man watched her market report videos and said he’d always wanted to meet her because of them. He thought she was very smart and would always forward her videos to his
friends who were interested in real estate.
By using YouTube like this, Kendyl made invaluable inroads to this potential client’s insular community without ever having met him or any of his friends.
“It’s made me realize my videos have far more reach than I would have thought,” she said.
A few of Kendyl’s YouTube tips:
- Resist the temptation to turn on your smartphone and shoot whatever comes to mind and post.
- Watch as many real estate videos as you can. Note what you like and what you don’t.
- If you are not willing to learn how to make good videos yourself, find a professional. Everything you put out there is a reflection of the quality of your business.
- Good sound is more important than good visual.
Kendyl’s story continues in this E-book, along with four others.
Take a cue from these agents who have already tried and succeeded. Learn, borrow, adapt.
And don’t forget to keep those matches handy.