Bedford is a town in Westchester County, New York, USA. The population was 18,133 at the 2000 census. The Town of Bedford is in the northeastern part of the county and consists of three unincorporated hamlets: Bedford Hills, Bedford Village, and Katonah.
People from New York City move to the Town of Bedford and surrounding areas in Westchester, as a way to escape the hustle and bustle of city life into a more family-oriented lifestyle with acreage, schools, playgrounds and recreation options for the children.
The following communities and locations are in the Town of Bedford, NY:
- Bedford Corners – A small wooded hamlet located within the town and neighboring the village of Mount Kisco.
- Bedford Hills – A hamlet in the western part of the town, just south of Katonah.
- Bedford Village – A hamlet in the southeast part of the town, also known as Bedford.
- Cross River Reservoir – A reservoir in the northern portion of the town.
- Katonah – A hamlet at the north town line.
The Zip Code in Bedford is 10506.